What is Hometown Tourist?
Hometown Tourist is a promotion to encourage locals to venture out and explore their community and visit some of the great attractions Fargo-Moorhead has to offer! The promotion coincides with National Travel & Tourism Week which is May 4-12, 2013.
What is the Passport to Fargo-Moorhead?
The Passport to Fargo-Moorhead is part of the Hometown Tourist promotion. The passport costs $5 and gets you FREE admission into six of Fargo-Moorhead’s core attractions: This year the participating attractions are:
- Fargo Air Museum
- Historical & Cultural Society of Clay County (Hjemkomst Center)
- Plains Art Museum
- Red River Zoo
- Rourke Art Museum
The Hometown Tourist promotion is May 4-May 18, 2013. The Passport to Fargo-Moorhead will be valid at participating attractions during that time.
Why should I get the Passport to Fargo-Moorhead?
It’s FUN! Plus, it’s a great deal. The total cost of visiting all six of these attractions without the passport is about $40! So, even if you only visit one of the attractions, you still get your money’s worth.
Oh, and there are PRIZES! If you visit 4 or more of the participating attractions, you can enter for a chance to win some pretty neat prizes! Prizes include:
- $150 Downtown Fargo Dollars
- $150 West Acres gift card
- $75 Fargo Parks golf gift card + $25 Doolittles Woodfire Grill gift card
- Red River Zoo Household membership + $25 Usher’s House gift card
- $75 Fargo Theatre gift card + $25 Rhombus Guys gift card
- Starting April 26, you can purchase your passport at any of the participating attractions or the Fargo-Moorhead Visitors Center.
- May 4-May 18, visit participating attractions and get your passport stamped.
- Get 4+ stamps on your passport and you can enter for a chance to win prizes!
If you aren’t from Fargo-Moorhead, don’t worry, you can still purchase a passport and participate!
Share your adventures on your favorite social networks and tag them with #visitfm!